Must Read Books for Develop an app for android
Android is one among the foremost popular operating systems nowadays and it powers many of Smartphone and tablets throughout the planet. develop an app for android follows the structure of Linux operating system. Android Inc. developed it and Google bought the the corporate in 2005. The the simplest thing about Android as an operating system is that the users can modify the OS and use to consistent with their requirements. If you’re an Android developer, you are doing not got toworry about Google suing you for these modifications.
- Stack Overflow – an incredible site for developer Q&A. just about a compulsory resource for any developer, it’s a great useful gizmo for getting expert help debugging code you’ve written. (StackOverflow is a good resource for learning develop an app for android, too!)
- thenewboston Java Video Tutorials – One of my favorite resources for helping beginners learn Java. a set of 87 short video tutorials which will get you familiar with basic Java (they also even have many of videos about other programming languages if you’re interested!)
- Trail: Learning the Java Language – Official tutorials from Oracle to assist beginners get to know and understand Java. An an important resource for new developers.
- Intro to Programming Course In Java – Udacity – A Udacity course for absolute beginners to Java. I haven’t used it myself, but I’ve heard that it’s extremely good.
- Codota Extension for Google Chrome – An amazingly useful Chrome extension for develop an app for android devs. It allows you to SAVE code snippets from any website to your personal ‘codebox’. It also adds short annotations to code that that specify what each method does. Might assist you learn Java as well.
- Vogella Android Development Tutorials – An awesome series of step-by-step tutorials for develop an app for android. I like Vogella because it lets you go at your own pace and because the tutorials are simple and easy to follow.
- Develop Apps | Android Developers – The official Android developers website. Practically flooded with useful (and interesting) resources, info, documents tools and more for develop an app for android.
- How To Develop Android App – Udacity – An official Udacity course on Android app development. I haven’t used it myself, but I’ve heard that it’s extremely good.
- AndroidHive – Tutorials, Games, Apps, Tips – Tips, tutorials and helpful information can be found on AndroidHive.
- Vogella has a features of free Android tutorials that touch on everything from the fundamentals to more advanced topics. Each tutorial is extremely well written, providing great code examples and links to further resources.
- Technotalkative is a website run by Paresh Mayani and he has gathered all the articles and tutorials he has written for develop an app for android all in one spot. The tutorials, which are free, cover particular aspects of Android app development and aim to provide in-depth answers to specific questions.
- Udacity (Course link) has a 60 hours free course that you simply can take that’ll assist you in develop an app for android. I think this would be an honest course for you as it is free and google has teamed up with Udacity provide app development course.
Official Android Developer site
Top Books For Android Development:
Android Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (Big Nerd Ranch Guides)
(By: Bill Philips & Brian Hardy )
Bill Philips and Brian Hardy offer hands-on tips for practical develop an app for android. The book starts with basic steps involved in learning android development and progresses in an excellent manner. The book is written in a conversational style and feels like a personal tutor. Beginners can test their development skills with the exercises given at the end of every chapter.
Android Design Patterns: Interaction Design Solutions for Developers
(By: Greg Nudelman )
Being a mobile environment specialist, Greg Nudelman has provided practical tips for an amazing user experience. This book is more suited for advanced level android developers and covers best UI practices for mobile app development. It helps you understand the patterns that you should avoid in development and effective strategy for app development for multiple devices.
Android User Interface Design: Turning Ideas and Sketches into Beautifully Designed Apps
(By: Ian G. Clifton )
The author of the book, Ian G. Clifton, explains the importance of an excellent User Interface Design and tips to distinguish your apps from your competition. This book is suitable for both beginner-level and high-end android developers. It explains what most of the books avoid i.e. steps to write a UI for complex apps. The sample codes will help you learn the concepts in an effective manner.
This android development book is a must read for beginners. This book focuses on many common mistakes people make during beginning of the develop an app for android job. This book can help beginners do their job more efficiently.
Android Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach
(By: Dave Smith & Jeff Friesen )
It is one of the most extensive books available on develop an app for android because of the live code examples used in every concept. The book includes a detailed understanding of android architecture and different android-APIs. This book will benefit experienced developers in learning efficient development practices such as use of external libraries, use of Android NDK (to boost app performance), and tips to develop different types of apps.
Hello, Android: Introducing Google’s Mobile Development Platform (Pragmatic Programmers)
(By: Ed Burnette )
Any beginner android developer needs to understand Google’s android development process. This book will guide you through Google android development starting with simple apps and progressing towards applications that are more complex. The book keeps you on fast-track development and you can start developing your apps within few days. It will help you setup a development environment and explain every single concept with examples.
Beginning Android Games
(By: Mario Zechner )
For developers interested in the development of android games, this is the best book to start with. Mario Zechner has explained all the gaming prospects of android development. It starts with the basic concept of receiving user input, gather device resources, play sounds, and display the game on the screen. It involves use of OpenGL for rendering your game images. You can use the fully functional source code provided with each application.
(By: Zigurd Mednieks, Laird Dornin, G. Blake Meike & Masumi Nakamura )
Programming Android is one of the best and most authoritative guides on learning android development from core. The author takes you through the basic building blocks of android development and use of complicated APIs. This book provides an excellent use of JAVA codes and one can use it without the proper knowledge of the language itself. It deals with the database connection and best practices for android database designs. In short, you can develop any type of apps with this book and develop amazing android user interfaces.
These are some of the best books available for learning android development in an efficient manner. Most of these books are designed to go through the beginner to advanced level of android development. If you are getting started with android development, these books will help you achieve necessary skills to master android development. The key to android development is to understand the basic concepts and their applications.